It lives! The Quest Heroes website has gone live!
It’s here: www.quest-heroes.com
At long last, we can tell the world about this epic project we’ve been working on for nearly a year. We hope you’ll be as excited about it as we are! Basically, it’s a tactical-squad-based-dungeon-crawler-with-board-game-elements. Yes, it’s a long description. But there are other ways to present it:
1. It’s the digital counterpart of physical board games like HeroQuest, Descent, Mice & Mystics, Super Dungeon Explore, etc.
2. What if Final Fantasy Tactics and Diablo had a child together?
But a couple of screenshots are worth a thousand words:
● A rule set totally compatible with real life board-gaming. We will release a free print-and-play version at some point of the development process.
● A not-so-serious medieval fantasy world in which, for instance, the mayors are exploiting zombies to clean out their sewers and sending adventurers to teach them a lesson when they go on strike (even the dead feel entitled to at least one day off per week).
● You manage a pool of heroes: before each quest, you select the members of the party.
● Ultimate party-building freedom. If you’d rather have an adventuring party made up of three wizards and a thief instead of the traditional warrior-archer-dwarf-wizard combo, then go for it! It’s totally up to you.
● No frustrating class-based gear limitations. Characters can equip and use any weapon or equipment as soon as they have the required stats, regardless of their class.
● Permadeath. However, there are resurrection scrolls (extremely rare, and usable only right after the death) and you can pick up a dead character’s gear, so nothing is ever completely lost.
● Heaps of magic, monsters, missions, skills and items… indeed.
● Randomly generated quests.
● Special rooms with their special tricks, traps, rules and puzzles.
● Monster’s AI using different kind of group-strategies depending on the situation, and a different individual AI for each kind of monster/foe.
● Cross platform: iOS, Android, Windows and Mac.
● And of course bosses, traps, secret passages, different environments, multiple victory conditions…
You can help us!
Right now we are looking for a publisher ready to fund the rest of the development (because even if we would love to dedicate our lives to Quest Heroes, we have families to feed and bills to pay). Until now we’ve managed to survive, but cash is running low. We need to find funds during the next few months else the project may end prematurely. And the best way to convince a publisher that Quest Heroes can succeed is to show them how many people can’t wait to get their hands on it! So, if you like what you see here, please follow us on Twitter! If we get enough followers and feedbacks we are confident we’re going to find an interested publisher. And if you don’t have a Twitter account, visit our website www.quest-heroes.com to know what else you can do to help!